Saturday, January 24, 2009

You have waited so long...

After dozens and dozens of emails (actually just one) of recommendations to start up a blog, I have decided to end my friends' misery of getting random emails from me about the world of bowling and plunge headfirst into a new level of bowling nerdness. From now on, the one or two people who are actually interested in my stats, thoughts, and random worthless analysis can now check in here to see what ramblings have left my head and come into the world via this tiny slice of heaven. In my blurred and somewhat skewed train of thought, I think that the emails I have been sending to my friends to report bowling results, break down these results, and comment on said results has actually helped me process all the information I take in. I'm not sure why I can't keep it to myself, but when I type it out and re-read it for grammatical and/or spelling errors (pet peeve) I seem to soak it in better. I feel like it has helped me improve my game a lot in the past few years, so whether it actually works or not, I will stroll down this path and see where it leads.

Our Monday Nite Men's bowling team is currently in third place, only a few points behind first, so I am sure this will be a frequent topic.
I am also currently preparing for my first entry into the High Roller in Vegas, so there's another topic. If I can talk my wife into letting me take her laptop with me, I will post a "diary" of sorts about the daily adventures of Keith and me while we are there. I just realized that there will be lots of name references that some people may not be familiar with. I may or may not explain who these people are, so bear with me.
Our Monday Nite team will also be heading to Vegas in March for our 4th USBC Nationals Bowling Tournament. We are 3 for 3 cashing in the team event, so the pressure is extremely high to continue our trend. That $50-$60 each has been crucial in maintaining our status in competitive bowling.

That's all for now. I will be out for a practice session this morning (Sunday), so I will be back on here soon to report my investigative findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment